Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quick Update

I know it has been a while since I have posted or updated my blog, but with Rich searching for a new job he is on the computer most of the day and I am not :) Plus we have been busy getting ready for our ward Christmas party which was last night. It is such a nice feeling to have that done. I think it turned out really well. We had it open house style and had activities in a few different rooms for people to just wander through as a family. This seem to work really well to accommodate the large amount of people we have in our ward. We had a santa in one room where we took family pictures with santa. We had a christmas craft in one room, a bunch of different nativity sets displayed in one room and then the dinner and slide show of different activities from our ward throughout the year. We had around 240 people come.
Here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks.

I don't know what it is about guys growing facial hair and being so proud of how much they can grow but I am not a facial hair type of girl. So when Rich started growing out his beard a couple weeks ago I would ask him to shave it every morning. When he finally had to shave it for an interview I was out running errands when he shaved and this is what I came home to. He told me he was going to interview with the police force since he had the mustache for it. He did not leave the mustache, thank goodness, he shaved it all off .

Zack turns 1 year old on the 20th and is just starting to take his first steps. He is so silly that when he tries to walk and falls down he starts laughing and just keeps laughing every time he tries - he has no focus :) so it is going to be a long process. He got 3 new teeth in the last 2 weeks. Thankfully they finally broke through, he was a little nightmare while getting all 3. This picture is of him after eatting his first Oreo cookie. I gave it to him and walked away to do something and this was what he looked like when I got back. He loved it!
One of the boys Christmas presents got shipped to us in this box - the present was this tiny little box that they shipped in this huge box. The boys loved it and made it their mario ship. It kept all 3 of them entertained for a long time.
Over Thanksgiving my niece had a cousins birthday party. She turned 4 and had a minnie mouse birthday party which was a big hit with everyone. Here is a picture of most of the cousins, Ty is crying - of course - because I made him get in the picture with everyone. Another one of Ty's crazy quirks, he does not like to have his picture taken.

7 comments:

Honeycombs said...

I love the picture with Ty with all the other kids smiling and having a good time.

Annalee Kelly said...

That was a great party last night-it seemed so peaceful and relaxed. You guys do a great job. I hate facial hair, too!
What is up with that and men???

Kristine said...

The party was perfect! We had lots of fun and it was just the right amount of activities. Thanks for putting all that time into it so everyone could enjoy a great night!

Kelly said...

I also think the party was a hit! Great job. I think it is funny when men have facial hair competitions. I can never get Brian to do it though.

BDawg said...

As a fare-skinned, light-haired person, I am envious of Rich's 'stache. The one or two times I've grown facial hair, I just look skeezy and homeless.

Rachel said...

I love the fu man chu on rich... I think he should have kept it. :) no I'm not a facial hair girl either caleb wants to grow it but I'm not a fan.

Your party sounded fun... and I actually thought about abby for a name but don't worry heid reassured me that was off limits-- so youre safe for now. :)

Nicole said...

So much to love about that post. Mostly I love the mustache. It was truly amazing. Dan even giggled a little (in a manly way of course) I wish i could see the first little steps and the little laughs. he is so cute.