Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Favorites

I love fall! I love the cooler temperature and the leaves changing color. I love fall smells - baked apple pie, spiced pumpkin - I don't like to eat any of those, just the smell of them. My favorite thing about fall is making caramel apples! Not just a plain caramel apple - it has to be a honeycrisp apple, dipped in caramel then dipped in white chocolate and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar. It is amazing! We made them last night for FHE and the picture is not the best and the apple didn't turn out very pretty - but I can tell you after eatting the whole thing that it tasted great!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

they just got the honeycrisps at our local store, and this is the first thing I thought of. I love fall too, so much, I think I'll do it twice this year. It's not the same out here, so we'll do fall here after the real thing in Idaho. I'm sooo excited!

TickerSa said...

These are my FAVORITE! I actually tried dipping caramel apples in white chocolate last year but had a tough time getting the chocolate stick to the smooth caramel.

What's your trick?

Buffy said...

After I dip the apples in caramel I put them in the fridge until the caramel is firming up and then dip them in the chocolate. After I dip them in the chocolate and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on them I put them back in the fridge until the chocolate has set up.

TickerSa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TickerSa said...

THANKS! I think I might have to give it another try this weekend.

Have fun in DISNEYLAND. I've heard it is really fun to go when they have everything decorated for Halloween.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, these look divine. I've bought these at the specialty shops before, but never thought of making one. I will have to try~do you just use the white dipping chocolate that comes in the blocks? Your little boy is adorable crawling!