Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Camping at Hebgen Lake

Over Labor Day Weekend we went camping up by West Yellowstone, at Madison Arm camp ground on Hebgen Lake with some of Rich's Family. I LOVE going camping here, my family used to go here before I was married and it brings back so many fun memories. Our camp sites were overlooking the lake and even though the weather was suppose to be pretty yucky and cold - it actually worked out o.k. for us and was still a lot of fun. Rich's dad brought his ski boat and canoe. Saturday evening we all had a chance to ski or wakeboard and the water on this lake turns to pure glass in the evenings. I was very hesitant to get in even with the nice water because the sun was going down and it was getting cold. Rich went and then made me go put on swimsuit on and go . Even through the painful initial jump into the cold water, I am so glad I went. The water was absolute glass and smooth. It was SO , SO fun to ski on. I thanked Rich later for forcing me to get in! Oh how I love to waterski when the water is absolutely still and calm - there is nothing like it! :) Here are a few pictures of our camping trip - the boys were great and loved every minute of it.


A nice action shot of Rich showing off his skills with the ax!





Rich and Todd - taking the kids on a canoe ride.
The water behind Rich in the picture is
what the water looked like while I was skiing! Oh so NICE!


Some serious games of horseshoes
is a must while camping.

Fishing in the boat -
I don't think anyone ever caught a fish!



Zack and Ty playing in the tent
Ty and I were building sand castles,
while Zack was
busy eating sand!









The water trampoline didn't get used as much as we would have liked due to the weather - but the kids got to play on it for a little while.






Rich enjoying some dutch oven ribs and chicken wings.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like so much fun! We actually thought about going over to West Yellowstone but decided not to because we go snowmobiling there so technically we've already seen it. I'm glad your weather was nice, our tent got snowed on!!

TDAWG said...

Rich,

Nice form with the AX and throwing the shoes!
Looks like a blast!

Heidi said...

Looks like fun!! I brings back lots of memories just seeing your pictures. We'll have to do that next year!

Nicole said...

I am learning that you truly are a waterskiing junkie! I love that you love it! Sounds like an awesome weekend! cant wait to hang out again.