Saturday, May 16, 2009

WORK IT!

I love warm Saturdays where you don't have any plans but dinner later with your husband :)  I started off the day by using my Mother's Day present - a new running visor!  It was my first outside run of the season and it was so nice to be running outside rather than pounding the treadmill.  My hips were a little sore from a really long run on the treadmill Thurs. night but I still went 6 miles.  That is a great way to start the day!  Rich went for a run after I got back.  
The boys played outside with friends all day, Zack seriously slept ALL day - he napped for 6 hours today.   Kade and Ty got really excited when they heard the ice cream truck coming around.  They grabbed their money and ran outside to wait for the truck to come.  We saw the truck parked a few streets down so the boys were out workin' the corner trying to get the truck to come down to where they were standing.  They were waving their hands and money in the air. :)  The ice cream truck made it's way down to them while playing the always festive CHRISTMAS MUSIC - that's right, the ice cream truck was playing Christmas music.    I guess it is better than last year's creepy pink van that played Pussycat Dolls.
Kade and Ty enjoying their ice cream!

3 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

Can I have a 6-hour nap?

Jenni said...

Love those Saturdays....they are few and far between, huh? We did our garden, started the retaining wall and got a sunburn...bad, right on my ears!! You'd think I'd know better, but oops and ouch. I loved teh ice cream truck story. I can see your boys working the corner and it makes me smile. Love them tons!!!

Belnap Family said...

We were laughing about the Christmas music too!! Lucy was singing along and kept asking us why that silly truck was out there singing Christmas songs! So odd...but at least not creepy I guess!