Monday, May 4, 2009

WICKED

My sister Rachel and I and our husbands went to New York 2 years ago and while we were there we went to see Wicked.  We LOVED it and when we heard it was coming to Salt Lake we wanted to see it with all of our family.  We got tickets on Halloween and have been so anxious to go.  When it came time to go not all of our family could attend but I was so happy to be with 3 of my sisters, a cousin, my aunt and uncle and my sister's in-laws.  There were 10 of us.  We all met for lunch at the Olive Garden before the show.
My aunt Reesa and uncle Mike joined us for the play.
No matter how many times you see this play it is always - AMAZING!!!  I love it!  It is so funny in parts it makes me cry, the singing is beyond great and it is so creative.  It totally gives you a different perspective on the Wizard of Oz.  
Next up: Lion King coming Fall 2010 to Capital Theatre.

6 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

So you ate the hot dogs you cooked outside? I didn't figure you for a hot dog kinda gal...(I prefer 100% beef hot dogs) Nothing tastes like a hot dog over the fire!
So jealous you got to see Wicked!

Rachel said...

LOVED IT. I agree with you- no matter how much you see it it is still so incredible. We'll ahve to do a girls weekend/get together next.

Jenni said...

I'm all for the girls weekend. Shopping was super fun for me, too. Great weekend. Those kind make me very happy :)

Buffy said...

Just to clarify - I didn't eat a hot dog. I ate a cesear salad and then had a smores :)

Nicole said...

I am happy you had so much fun! Three cheers for sisterly love!

Honeycombs said...

I love your bangs in your photo. They look like they lay just like mine do. You are beautiful and I am glad you didn't eat a hot dog.