Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cookies!


favoritefamilyrecipes.blogspot.com
This is a fun blog I like to visit to get new recipes and ideas for things to change up are regular meals.  I LOVE this chocolate chip cookie recipe.  The recipe makes about 100 cookies and we probably could eat them all at one time but we try to control ourselves!  I usually make up the cookie dough and bake off however many I need or want at the time and then make the rest into balls and freeze.  The picture is curtesy of Kade :)
Then whenever I need cookies I can just pull them out of the freezer and bake as many as I need.   This has come in so handy so many times when I need a treat to take to the visiting teachers or a neighbor or a family outing. 

Here is the recipe:

3 1/2 cubes real butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups brown sugar packed
4 eggs
2 TBSP. vanilla
6 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 TBSP.  baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Mix dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture.  Add chocolate chips.  Scoop with a small ice cream scoop.  Bake at 325 for 8-9 min.   
** The recipe says 325 for 8-9 min.   Mine are never done in that time.  I bake at 330 for about 10-11 min.  **

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Anne said...

yum!! and i love your idea of freezing the extra dough- so smart! i am going to have to try this recipe.

Ali said...

Thanks! I was just wishing the other day that I had some treats on hand for some neighbors, etc.

I'll try this out!

Kelly said...

I'm making these right now! I never thought to freeze them as balls. GENIUS!