Friday, August 1, 2008

Surfs Up

We had our annual Elders Quorum waterskiing party last night.  It is for adults only - which is always nice to have a night out from the kids.  We all met up at Blacktail at 6pm for a picnic dinner and then everyone split off between the 4 boats there.  On our way out our driver said he left his ski home.  He had tons of wakeboards and a surf board - but NO ski, since no one ever uses it!!!  The water was so nice and he talked me into trying to surf.  I watched a guy do it before I tried and it didn't look that exciting or fun, but I was a good sport and gave it a try.  After 3 trys and not getting up I had them throw me the wakeboard.  It has been years since I have wakeboarded.  But I got right up and crossed back and forth across the wake wishing I was skiing the whole time - the water was so perfect!  After catching an edge and face planting I quickly remembered why I am not such a fan of wakeboarding and prefer waterskiing.  Our driver was very nice and flagged down two other boats from our ward and found me a ski.  It was about half the length I am used to skiing on, but it was a ski!  The boat full of people we got the ski from all stayed to watch me get up because most of the people in the boat had never seen someone get up on one ski - everyone wakeboards now!  I am sure they had an excellent view of my butt - but I got up and skiied and it felt great!  Rich skiied and wakeboarded.  We were out of the water until almost 10pm.  Thankfully the boat we were in had a hot water shower hose and a heater which I sat by once the sun went down.  We had so much fun!  What a great activity.

2 comments:

Rich said...

A sentence about me!!! I guess you have to start somewhere. And three of the four words are even spelled right!!

Heidi said...

That sounds like fun. I can't believe that no one waterski's anymore. Maybe the price of skiis will drop! Good job showing them all up.