Thursday, February 19, 2009

WARNING

For Valentine's Day and Pres. weekend we went down to Utah and partied with our friends. Friday evening all the husbands took the kids to the monster truck rally at the Enery Solutions Arena. This left me and my girl friends for a girls night out with the two youngest kids. We went to dinner and then went shopping for clothes to take on the cruise we are all going on together in 2 weeks.
We had a fun weekend shopping, sledding, playing games and eating a lot of food and snacks.
The boys loved sledding. Zack even went down a couple of times with Rich.


The chocolate fountain is always a big hit with our family - We love it! It seems like everyone else eats a few things and then walks away - but NOT the Madsen's! We are all huddled around the chocolate fountain until all the food is gone and the chocolate is licked clean :) My favorite dipped in the chocolate is fresh pineapple, strawberries and shortbread cookies.

On Valentine's Day we got a babysitter for all the kids and the adults went into Layton for a Valentine's lunch so we wouldn't have to deal with the evening crowds. We went to McGrath's in Layton and we were about the only people there. Our husbands all got the same gift for us to open all together at the restaurant. We were all excited and opened them up to find.... A SNUGGI. That's right - the one and only, AS SEEN ON TV - SNUGGI!
Rich and I have been making fun of these for months - but I guess he secretly LOVED them enough to buy me one. We have heard Jay Leno refer to them as the exact opposite of lingerie. And how giving them to the person you love is like saying - here, why don't you completely cover yourself up in the most unattractive way! I wasn't sure what to think of Rich giving this to me. We all got a good laugh out of the gift and all the workers at McGrath's had a good laugh over it and hearing our conversation about the Snuggi. We were there so long and very entertaining to them that they even offered us all FREE dessert! I guess the Snuggi was worth it - if only for the free dessert :)

Later that night I realized why the guys bought the Snuggi's - it was pure selfish reasons. All the husbands were wearing the snuggi's the rest of the night, and when they weren't the kids were. Ty asked me the other day if we get to keep the snuggi forever! I take back all the bad things I said about the Snuggi, they really all the greatest blanket/robe/NOT lingerie there is! I wear my snuggi every night to watch tv or a movie. But after an incident last night the Snuggi's should have come with a warning: RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK! After wearing the snuggi for a while I got up to go turn off the lights and go to bed. After walking over to the light switch while wearing the snuggi I got shocked when I went to turn off the light. Not just a little shock - I am sure there must have been some sparks flying. The only time I have been shocked more was from an electric fence. I walked down the hall and checked on the boys and went to turn off another light and got shocked again. I do love my new snuggi but need to wear with caution from now on!

Thanks for the greatest Valentine's gift ever Rich! Even though it almost killed me the other night :)




10 comments:

Jenni said...

That is funny, because Case and I mock the Snuggi...and then I come to find out it's the ULtimate love gift! Very sweet :)

BDawg said...

I want a Snuggl that will double as a giant Sham-Wow.

Heidi said...

Wow - the one and only Snuggi. I wouldn't be surprised if those were the only Snuggi's sold from the tv offer. How thoughtful : ) But it sounds like you had a great weekend - fun.

Emily said...

I have been waiting for pictures of the snuggie, and I figure you were to busy sitting on the couch with your snuggie to get up and post pictures!

Honeycombs said...

I want to go on a cruise in two weeks. Where do you get to stop.
Phil and I have made fun of the Snuggi for weeks. Glad to see they will be staying in business with all those people who want to secretly murder their wives.

Nicole said...

Buffy Jo- how can words possibly express how much I dig you?! I was laughing out loud at your post and witty quips! I really needed a good laugh just now and I have you to thank for it- a person who doesn't laugh out loud, go figure.

Love the pictures, and the weekend. It was memorable in every way. Can this be a tradition?

I am going to make a countdown chain for the cruise. I am getting giddy!

I am glad you didn't die.

Anne said...

i have come to love my snuggi as well- when ryan is stealing it. ethan loves it so much that i just bought him fleece and am making him a mini-snuggi! we had such a fun weekend and can't wait till the cruise! yea!!!

Rachel said...

I laughed and laughed because when me and caleb see these commercials we threaten that we will get that for each other... oh they are the funkiest things... so how funny you now own one. :)

the mama monster said...

how funny!we make fun of them too... there is even insrtuctions on the internet of how to make your own. i love chocolate fountains too, especially strawberries,pb and marshmallows. so there are a ton of homes in west kaysville worth looking in to. also a super cute one right by us!

Taylor Kevan said...

This is too funny. I had such a good laugh after reading this post. I think I have to agree though that those snuggies were the best valentines gift ever! Just the other day some friends of mine were talking about how they want to get some too and I had to tell them about how you got shocked. :)