Monday, February 9, 2009

Las Vegas

Rich had a conference to attend in Las Vegas last week and I got to go along for a little vacation since airline tickets from Idaho Falls to Vegas are pretty cheap. We flew out Mon. night and got back Fri. night. It was really nice to get away from mom duties for a few days and to enjoy the warm weather (70 degrees) and grass and flowers! The conference didn't start until Wednesday, so we had all day Tuesday to enjoy Vegas. Due to some unexpected charges to use the workout facility at our hotel we hit the streets of Vegas for a morning jog. It was so nice to run outside again. After our jog we hit up Denny's FREE Grand Slam breakfast. It was some sort of customer appreciation day.

We ate at RA Sushi for dinner one night. We were there during happy hour - which was from 3-7pm - that is a long happy hour. But in Vegas is seems like Happy Hour is 24 hours a day! Because it was happy hour a lot of there sushi rolls and appetizers were 1/2 off. We got a ton of sushi and appetizer for $20. It was SO good!

We got tickets to see the Cirque de Solei show KA. You can't take any pictures in the theatre - but it was amazing! It was so entertaining and fun to see. The stage would move around while they were performing and at times it would be completely vertical and the performers would be sliding down it face first and running up it. Crazy!!
We ate at the Paris buffet one night. They had a crepe station, where they would custom make crepes - I started and ended my meal with a crepe and ate a few during the meal. SO GOOD!
We watched the fountain show at the Bellagio a few times, that is so fun. On Thursday Rich's boss' wife and I went to a session at the Las Vegas Temple. I had never been to that temple and it was fun to go. It was a very small session - only 9 people. I LOVE black jack and when I found a black jack slot machine I was so excited. I convinced Rich to let me play - every hand I would win he'd tell me to cash out. After 15 min. I had turned $1 into $15 - Rich made me cash out and he quickly took the earnings. :) I convinced him later to let me play again and lost $10 pretty quickly. By the end of the week I think we walked away even. We had a fun trip and it was so uplifting to be in the warm sunshine for a few days.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that you are a sushi condenser! What a fun trip. You've got me really excited to go next week!

Annalee Kelly said...

You got sushi and I got stuck without conversation hearts...

Jenni said...

I didn't even know you guys were going...mom had to tell me you were gone. Big trouble girl :) I'm glad you had such a good time. I think Vegas is a perfect cheap getaway!!!

BDawg said...

Sounds like fun! Where did you stay?

The only things I'd done were the Bellagio fountain and the Paris Buffet. We did the breakfast buffet at the Paris, but refused to leave until well after they started serving lunch. Great prime rib.

Nicole said...

That sounds like a fun little get-away. What did you do during the day while rich was working... Whatever it was I'm sure it was nice. I can't wait to see you in two days.

B&C Parke Family said...

Is it ok that I am horribly jealous! IT sounds like heaven