Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Down

Kade's two bottom teeth have been loose for about a week and tonight one was so loose it could bend all the way forward and almost touch his gums in the front - gross, I know! But he got a piece of broccoli stuck in the hole under the tooth at dinner and was panicked about having the broccoli bit in there. He was continually wiggling his tooth trying to get the broccoli out. He kept getting out of bed to tell me about the progress and eventually to show off his victory of getting the broccoli out. I took a picture of the tooth dangling forward out of his mouth because it was so gross and turned the camera on video and told him to just pull it out. Much to my surprise - HE DID!!! I turned the video off just as he started yelling, "Ty, my tooth is out, my tooth is out!" It was a very exciting time here. Ty took the tooth and put it safely under Kade's pillow for the tooth fairy to find. The other tooth will probably come out in the next day or two. I couldn't convince him to pull it out tonight so the tooth fairy only had to make one trip. :)

7 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

For some reason, loose teeth really gross me out! Sounds like you're in for a fun few nights...

Jenni said...

Cool!!! I know he was so anxious to have one gone and to do it himself is pretty great! No crying, kicking, drama....good job Kade.

Luke finally lost his black top tooth. Sad to see it go, it has been an icon around here since our first Disneyland trip.

Braden had a molar he told me was loose so he pushed it really hard and it started bleeding, then he reached up to put a tissue on the bleeding gum and the tooth was gone. It had fallen out on the floor. Weird.

Ali said...

Way to go Kade!

Kimberly said...

Ezri says, "let's see that again!!" very exciting

Heidi said...

Good for him for pulling his own tooth out! It's much less traumatic that way. Way to go Kade!

BDawg said...

I can still remember the joy of finding loose teeth and then working them back and forth until they came out. And then sticking my tongue into the empty socket. I'm a little jealous.

Honeycombs said...

I get a little sick just thinking about teeth falling out. It might have a little something to do with a dream I have that my teeth crumble out and then I don't have any left. Miya is super envious and has watched the video a million times.