Saturday, June 14, 2008

Teton Dam 5K Race

My sister Heidi and I ran in the Teton Dam 5K race in Rexburg this morning. It was a perfect morning for a run. My sister was such a trooper, I was so proud of her. This was her first race and she did a great job! The course was pretty tough - straight up hill for the first mile, down and up for the second mile and then finishing straight down hill for the last leg, a little over a mile.

Before the race started - 8:15am, about 50 degrees


Despite falling off a chair while painting on Wednesday and not being able to walk for the last three days, I was feeling a little better this morning and really wanted to run in the race with Heidi. Nothing a little BioFreeze (from the schwag bag) couldn't temporarily fix! :) I ended up placing 3rd in my age/gender division, and 30th overall. Not too bad for running with a beat up leg!


My biggest fans - getting up early to come and cheer me on!
Plus they really don't have a choice.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Wow, You guys are crazy. Congrats on the accomplishment! Someone would have to be chasing me with a gun for me to run anywhere. :)

Kelly said...

That is a killer bruise! I can't wait to exercise/run again. Right now I can do is waddle :)