Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update

I haven't posted in a while so here is a catch up post on what we've been up to.   We got to watch my cute little nephew Hank overnight while his parents went out of town.  He is so cute and it felt completely normal to have another boy around :)  On top of being so cute he calls me funny Buffy - who wouldn't love that?  On the day we had him we actually had a break from the rain and so we packed a picnic and loaded everyone up and rode our bikes to the park for lunch and to play on the toys.  It was so nice to be outside again!

We definitely took advantage of the sunny days with many picnics.  It is so fun that all you have to do is eat your lunch outside and the kids think you are the greatest mom ever and that the food is the best food they have ever tasted :)
We have started swimming lessons.  This is Kade's third year and Ty's second.  Kade is a little fish in the water - he loves it and always has.  Ty loves the water but has been more hesitant to put his ears and face under.  He is doing much better this year and really loving his class.
After the lessons we go outside to play in the outdoor pool.  It has been so rainy and cold that we really haven't got to enjoy that too much - but it still doesn't stop the kids from getting in and playing for a little while.  This is Zack and his little friend Brooklyn lounging by the pool.
Kade and Ty are both on tball teams as well.  Kade's team is The Pirates and Ty's is The Blaze.  Thanks to all of the rain, most of the games have been cancelled.  Hopefully they can start playing soon.  They each have 2 games a week - so that will keep us busy most of the summer.  In the swimming video - Ty is on his back swimming with his teacher and then Kade is swimming across the pool.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Hey Buffy! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun outdoors the past few weeks! What a good looking family plus extra cousin :)

As far as the font being used as a header goes, it took me a long time too...and a couple of trys just getting the "image" with the title letters in the new font to work as the main header. But here's what I did:
1. Used Microsoft PowerPoint, where I wrote out the words of what I wanted my title to be, ex: "J Squared Plus K," on a blank slide that had one rectangle box for text.
2. Then I highlighted it and changed to the new font and sized it down so it was a nice blog title size. You can also add a border of a various width and style and color, which I also did.
3. Then I right clicked the box itself, and clicked "Save as Picture" and I just saved it to my desktop, but you have to change the file format. So under, "Save as type" below the "File Name", I saved the image as a "GIF Graphics Interchange Format."
4. Then, I went into Blogger, under "Layout," then "Header," then I imported the image from my desktop, that's in the GIF format. I clicked the PLacement to be, "Behind Title and Description," and then I just had my title be "..." because it makes you keep a title in there for some reason. Then I saved it, and it worked!

I think the trick, at least with what I've found so far, has been needing to save the titles to an image first (in another program like Powerpoint or Word) and then importing that image, because Blogger doesn't really allow you to import your own fonts into the system yet. But hopefully you'll be able to figure something out. :)

If you also wanted to include a real picture with the lettering, like you already have, then you might have to compile the whole image with letters in another program, like Powerpoint or Adobe Photoshop, and then save it as one image before uploading it??! That's my guess. But thanks for all your thoughtful comments on our blog AND for all your amazingly fun links posted on your page. It's fun to keep in touch and stay updated with everyone's lives! Love ya! -Jenna

Honeycombs said...

I am pretty sure Kade is a better swimmer than I am. I need to try having someone walk beside me too because I always feel I am not getting enough air to breath.

Annalee Kelly said...

good thing swimming lesssons are indoor!

Kimberly said...

When did the sun ever come out this week? I guess I must have been at work. (it feels really good to say that again!!!)
Are you all going to Logan on Saturday?

Kelly said...

I was just thinking of signing Sadie up for some swim lessons today. I need an excuse to get in the pool. It's fun to see what you guys are up to!