Thursday, June 25, 2009

A round of Golf


When I was younger my dad used to take me and my siblings golfing all the time on this little par 3 course by Ashton.   I have so many fun memories of golfing with my family and today I got to add to those memories.  Thanks to my amazingly wonderful neighbor who watches my kids more than I do - I got to go golfing with my brother this morning at Pinecrest here in Idaho Falls.  It was a perfect morning, a little humid - but a little sweat is good right! :)    It was a pretty slow, relaxed day on the golf course while we were there and we had such a good time.  I don't golf very often, more like hardly ever now, but I do have to say I out drove a man who we let play through.  I was driving the ball really well - my brother was very impressed, and so was I!  I didn't play my irons as well and my putting was so-so, but it is the tee shots that really count - right :)  

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Buff- I am impressed. Scott told me the story about you out driving the guy... poor guy. but on the other hand dang sweet for you. how fun to get to go.

Belnap Family said...

Nice! Your brother seems really cool. How fun for you guys. Someday I want to learn to golf so that when Greg and I are old people we can go together, wouldn't that be cute.

Jenni said...

I remember Mitzi driving a super long shot on Birchcreek in Smithfield. She was T-ing off and wanted to wait for the guys on teh green. I was like "what!" You're never gonna hit it that far. But she did and we were yelling "FORE". The guys waited for us to get to the green because they wanted to meet the girl that drove it that far :)

Sounds like you two should golf together. I love the pic of you and Scott. It's so cute!!! I'm glad you got to do that together.

Heidi said...

I'm jealous! I haven't golfed in years, but it was always fun.