Saturday, April 4, 2009

Santa Fe

During the week of spring break my mom had a bad reaction to a chemo treatment she received and so my sister, brother and I flew down to Santa Fe, NM to be with them and help out. It is so horrible to see your parents fight a trial like this, but I am so greatful for the gospel and our belief in God and miracles and eternal families. I don't know how you could ever deal with something like this without knowing and believing that. It was so great to see my parents and to be around them. We were in Santa Fe with them for 5 days and it was heartbreaking to leave them.We hit up the Farmers Market on Saturday morning. They had a lot of great produce. My favorite was the fresh pea sprouts that tasted exactly like a fresh pea out of a garden, and the Bohemian band rockin' out. Some members dressed in tuxedos and others in patchwork stretchy pants.
From the recommendation of a girl Scott knows we went to a restaurant out in the middle of no where called Gabriel's. It is Zagat rated and known for their gacamole made fresh at your table. Check out that bowl of guacamole - it was huge and we licked the bowl clean. It was definitely worth the $12.00, and their food was great.

We had our parents drive us to Albuquerque to the airport on Sunday. They dropped us off a little after 3 for our 5pm flight. About 20min. after being in the airport we saw our flight had been delayed until 6:30, then delayed until 7:45, then delayed until 8pm. We finally boarded around 8:15pm. Our original plane was stuck in Wyoming due to the crazy snow storm. Thankfully we had my brothers lap top that we watched tv and YouTube clips on and I had dice we played Farkel with. I am cursed with return home flights, no one will ever want to travel with me again!

6 comments:

Honeycombs said...

That is the sweetest picture of all of you on the bed. I really am so sorry about all you guys have been going through for so many years. We are always praying for you.

Jenni said...

I forgot to get the complete picture file from Scott...darn. It was fun to read your recap. It is hard not being there and not knowing what's going on minute to minute, huh?

Jeff and Rose said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that she will be feeling better soon. Thinking of you.

Annalee Kelly said...

Hope your mom is doing better. I want to try that guacomole!

Carie Beard said...

I am so sorry to hear your mom is not feeling well. Hopefully sh eis doing better now. If you ever need help with your kids give me a call. They could coem over anytime! That guacamole looks awesome! I love the pic of all of you in bed...so sweet!

Nicole said...

That is a sweet picture of you guys with your mom. it will be a time you guys will love to remember. Miss you guys already.