Thursday, March 19, 2009

One year older and wiser too!

Yesterday I got to celebrate my birthday with most of my sisters and brother! We ordered take out sushi ate cake and watched Bride Wars at my sister Heidi's house. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. My sister surprised me with a Raspberry/Lemon cupcake from The Cocoa Bean. It was great!

When I got home my neighbor brought me a huge cupcake - it looked so pretty.

and my mother-in-law had left me a basket of her homemade rolls and jam - YUM!!

A bunch of my friends showed up at 5pm to surprise me and take me out to dinner, but I had already made arrangements to babysit my sisters kids so I wasn't able to go. I told them all to go anyways and think of me while they ate! :) It is a good thing I didn't go - Kade ended up getting sick and throwing up all night.
I had a great day which started off with my kids running in my room to tell me happy birthday and remind me I am now 31. Soon after we got up I got a phone call from my parents which is always a great way to start the day and then spent most of my day on the phone having friends and family wish me Happy Birthday or answering the door to find someone else bringing me treats. Thank you all for you thoughtfulness and kindness - you all made turning 31 not so bad :)






2 comments:

Valerie said...

You look so nice and tan! I was also going to bring you a cupcake, but it looks like you got enough...I will have to think of something else :) Your pictures make me want to go on a cruise.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Buffy!